WINTON, CA – On 02/08/2016 at approximately 2006 hours CDF requested our assistance in the 7000 Myrtle Ave in Winton for a structure fire where they believe Marijuana was being processed and caused an explosion in the garage of the residence. The explosion and resulting fire were contained to the garage area. Upon arrival, Deputies quickly determined that the house was a butane honey oil lab and that the occupants were in the process of extracting concentrated cannabis when the explosion occurred.
Two occupants, a 53 year old Hispanic Male and a 33 year old Hispanic Female were severely burned (2nd degree) on their hands and lower extremities and flown to the burn center in Fresno by air ambulance. There were four children (between 13 and 3) in the residence when the explosion occurred. No surrounding residences were damaged or threatened. The case is currently under investigation. As additional information becomes available it will be released.