Video courtesy of Bianca Munoz Lomeli
MERCED, CA – At approximately 10:15 a.m. this morning, the Merced City Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at the Merced High School campus. When they arrived they found insulation in a cooking class had caught fire while the students were working on a cooking project.
Before the fire department arrived, faculty and teachers quickly worked to manage a safe and orderly evacuation of students away from the potential danger and no injuries were reported.
Student returned to class after the fire department gave the all clear.